INGREDIENTS FACTS & BENEFITS SHEET
1. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR - contains natural enzymes, vitamins and minerals and is rich in antioxidants. It contains Vitamins A, B and C, beta carotene, bioflavonoids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, sulfur, iron, fluorine, silicon, boron and pectin. It naturally balances the pH balance of the skin and the entire body. Apple cider vinegar boosts the immune system, fights bacterial infections, reduces inflammation and makes an excellent astringent, for both sensitive and oily skin. Apple cider vinegar has a long history of cosmetic use and is a restorative tonic for the skin, improving blood circulation to the capillaries that feed the skin and deliver oxygen, toning, maintaining elasticity, purifying and revivifying. It is a natural anti-fungal and an antiseptic. Vinegar can have a positive effect on acne and itchy skin conditions such as those due to eczema or sunburn and eliminating fungal infections, warts and skin tags.
2. BOTANICALS- fruits, vegetables, flowers, herbs, teas and grains- have many benefits such as exfoliating, moisturizing, soothing, treatment of specific conditions, etc… see individual soap descriptions for benefits
3. CLAYS- Good for drawing toxins from the skin, exfoliation of dead skin, removing impurities and tightening the pores, toning the skin- see more information on the different types of clays used in the soap descriptions
4. COCONUT MILK- Intense hydration with superior moisturizing qualities ideal for dry skin, reduces symptoms of psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis, supports the natural chemical balance of the skin, softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots, promotes healthy looking complexion, high in vitamin E and fatty acids
5. DEAD SEA MUD- Dead Sea Mud is very rich in minerals which helps in escalating the process of skin renewal. It is also known for its healing and therapeutic properties. Soaps containing Dead Sea Mud naturally stimulate the cell renewal process of the body without hampering other body processes. It also will not clog your pores like some chemical soaps do since it washes away with ease. Another benefit of Dead Sea Black Mud is its ability to moisturize and hydrate skin, which helps to reduce wrinkles. Black mud can be used to to treat psoriasis and is proven to provide effective relief for other skin disorders including eczema, and acne, and can also be used to treat ailments such as arthritis, muscle stiffness, rheumatism, and joint inflammation.
6. ESSENTIAL OILS- “Mankind has used essential oils for healing and health for thousands of years, including extensive use by the ancient Egyptians. Today, essential oils are widely used in topical lotions, beauty products, soothing baths, aromatherapy and in a great variety of herbal remedies.
Essential oils are derived from the distillation of leaves, stems, flowers, bark, and roots of plants. They can affect the body's physiological system directly or indirectly. For example, a couple of drops of peppermint oil taken orally can ease digestion, while inhaling lavender oil will have a calming effect.
Some essential oils can be administered orally to help stimulate digestion, and many essential oils can be applied topically to ease inflammation and alleviate pain. Essential oils with antiseptic and antifungal properties are also used to disinfect and heal cuts, abrasions and other wounds and skin conditions.”
7. HONEY- Honey has been used for centuries by women all over the world in their daily skin care routines. It is a humectant, in that it attracts and preserves water, therefore aiding in skin hydration. It also acts as an antibacterial and moisturizer, hydrating and softening the skin. It has been proven to fight infection and helps promote new skin growth.
8. ORGANIC OATMEAL - known for relieving skin irritations such as psoriasis, eczema, poison ivy, etc. and naturally contains anti-inflammatory and anti-itch properties, as well as being extremely moisturizing. It is also a natural and gentle exfoliator.
9. PHTHALATE FREE FRAGRANCE OILS- Keeping our products as safe and natural as possible is important to us. That is why we offer choices that contain either essential oils, “phthalate free” fragrances or unscented. If you are very sensitive to scents or would just rather stay away from fragrances, unscented would definitely be your best option and then the essential oils. Essential oils have many health benefits and are gentle on the skin. We do our best to make sure that the fragrance oils we do use are the phthalate free ones. While they are not 100% natural, we have found that many people just want to have the scents regardless. Our goal is to have happy customers and to be able to offer a variety of choices for them to choose from that will best meet their needs.
10. SEA SALT- Full of great minerals such as magnesium, zinc, calcium, potassium and others. Sea salt offers many benefits to the body, such as reducing inflammation. The magnesium found in sea salt is useful for healing skin tissue and replenishing hydration, while bromide helps relax the muscles and calm the nerves. Sulfur and sodium work as natural disinfectants and detoxifying agents. Potassium helps in balancing moisture and releasing water retention. Calcium found in sea salt cleans the pores of the skin. Also, great for exfoliation! Pink Himalayan salt is believed to be the purest form of salt available. This sea salt is known for its stimulating, soothing and healing properties. These salts are an effective treatment for dry skin, psoriasis, and acne and can also help to soothe insect bites and arthritis. We love it in salt bars for its exfoliating and moisturizing abilities.
11. SILK AMINO ACIDS- Contains 18 amino acids. Recent research shows that sericine, an amino acid contained in large quantities in silk, inhibits the effect of enzymes responsible for skin blemishes and wrinkles. Water soluble, has UV ray blocking properties.
12. ONLY PURE VEGETABLE, FRUIT OILS AND BUTTERS ARE USED. They are a rich source of natural vitamins A and E as well as beta carotene. Some act as humectants enabling the skin to absorb more moisture while others moisturize, soothe, and protect the skin. Some of our butters & oils include:
Almond Oil- Very moisturizing, does not clog pores and is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, and E and is said to relieve dry, itchy skin.
Aloe Vera Butter- Rich in vitamins A, C, E, B, Choline, B12, Folic Acid, rejuvenates the skin, is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Good for treating eczema, psoriasis, sunburns and dry skin
Apricot Oil- High in vitamin A, D, and E and in oleic and linoleic acids. It has skin softening & moisturizing properties, is non-greasy and recommended for skin that is dry, irritated or prematurely aged
Avocado Oil- Rich in vitamins A, D, B1, B2, E, and lecithin and fatty acids. Very moisturizing to the skin and highly recommended for mature or damaged skin
Castor Oil- Rich in fatty acids, acts as a humectant by attracting and locking moisture to the skin and hair and is lubricating. Castor oil also adds great lathering/bubbles to soap
Cocoa Butter- Softens, heals and protects dry, itchy skin. It is thought to help in reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks and also helps to make a hard moisturizing bar of soap. Recommended for dry skin.
Coconut Oil- Moisturizing, rich in natural fats and gives soap lots of lather and great cleansing properties
Hemp Oil- High in essential fatty acids and rich in vitamin E, excellent choice for dry or damaged skin, eczema, psoriasis, etc..
Jojoba Oil- A natural moisturizer and anti- inflammatory that easily penetrates the skin. Recommended for mature or sensitive skin
Mango Butter- Very healing, moisturizing and softening for the skin and rich in essential fatty acids. Recommended for all skin types, especially those with dry, mature skin or those who suffer with eczema and psoriasis
Olive Oil- High in oleic acid, good for skin cell regeneration, moisturizing, high in anti-oxidants, believed to have healing properties and promotes healthy skin and hair
Palm Oil- Adds hardness and bubbles to soap and is a great moisturizer
Rice Bran Oil- High in fatty acids and has antioxidant properties
Seabuckthorn Oil- Rich in vitamins E, B, C, beta-carotene and antioxidants. Recommended for dry, mature skin and those with eczema, rosacea and burns. May cause the skin to be temporarily stained
Shea Butter- Extremely moisturizing, nourishing and healing to the skin. Recommended for very dry, mature, burned skin and those with skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
Sunflower Oil Rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Recommended for all skin types
Wheat Germ Oil- A rich source of vitamin E and natural antioxidants, it nourishes dry, cracked skin, soothes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis and is a humectant